Saturday, August 18, 2007

21st Bday in advance















11th August it was....I won't be around in Singapore...so i decided to celebrate my bday in advance...I normally don't have anything fancy during this time of the year...but it was my 21st...besides...i was leaving the country for 5mths..i decided that I would really wan to do something this year... Especially since i know that i won't have anyone to celebrate with me in Holland....not that the ppl i'm going Holland with aren't nice..but lets just say...they don't know when my bday is...so oh well.....

I would say the day didn't start out as i wld like it to.....i was sick and i felt tired and weak....not exactly good since i had to prepare the bbq food....Thank god most of the things are covered by my frens and family....Ian...my buddy for almost 9yrs...collected the satay and apparently volunteered to get me my bdae cake as my pressent..... My mom and sis were the chefs in the kitchen while me? I wld say i'm jus a little kitchen helper....the one peeling the onions and chopping them up...haven'te exactly reached the mastery level in cooking....

I wasn't really too keen on having a bbq...considering the bad weather in the past few wks and the thought of being a slay to the pits at my party didn't really appeal to me.....But my very enthusiastic sister loves maning the grill....so i'll let her be the bbq chicken wings and satay gal..muahahha....but to my surprise...i have great ppl arnd me......casey, his gf, ian and even my sister's frn took the initiative to bbq the food....leaving me time to mingle and serve my guests.....i can't imagine wat it wld be like without these ppl..... Thank u so much.....


I was really grateful that everyone i had invited showed up..i meant alot to me...i was kinda afraid ppl might not make their way to my ulu home....but they did...and i really appreciate it....especially those westerlies-jurong ppl.....





Soon it was time to cut the cake....my it was beautiful...and it smelled great too....Thank a lot Ian...its really to my taste...too much to my taste in fact....Though i didn't get a chance to eat the food at my own party....i wld def not miss out on this cake.....I had a sore throat but tat's not stoppin me....the cake was my dinner...Yum....i cldn't stop eatin it.....Its from Prima Deli....the best seller there apparently...... >.<














And yes....for the last time...before i turn into an adult......i shld act silly....and my all time favourite 'sailormoon' pose....


2 comments:

said...

We are both using the same template!!!

Anyway, happy birthday gal...today is 22nd august. Just in time...=)minus one and u get your 21st birthday...okay, i am lame...

take care...

Wei Wei said...

Yay I love bbq!!! Let's have another one when you get back...